Anreise / Camping
In the following you will find general information about arrival and camping. These are general rules that apply to every camping area. For detailed information about the different camping areas please click on the corresponding icons above or in the menu bar.
- General information about camping
- Prohibited items on the camping area
- Usage of the camping area
- Camping rules
- Grilling and open fire
- Falling branches in the camping area
- How to get to the festival
General information about camping
The 3-day festival ticket can be seen as “all-inclusive-ticket”. This means, access to the camping area is included with exception of: “Zeppelin Stage camper”, “caravan camper” as well as “backstage camper”. Access to these exclusive camping areas requires an additional ticket.
Generally, you are not entitled to a certain camping area. The security staff will assign you a spot depending on the free space that is still available.
On the parking space, only parking of cars and caravans is permitted – no sleeping and no setting up tents.
Please note that camping “in the wild” is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted by the police and the security staff!
Each attendee entering the festival site – which also includes parking and camping area – must have a valid entry authorization in the form of a festival wristband and a festival ticket.
Please note that people staying on the enclosed camp area without authorization will be reported for obtaining services by deception (§ 265a StGB) and for trespass (§ 123 StGB).
Prohibited items on the camping area
Beim Betreten der Campingflächen führen wir Gepäck- & Taschenkontrollen durch. Besucher
People and the luggage they carry will be selectively checked and searched for prohibited items on entry to a camping area. Visitors with large luggage and fully loaded hand carts should expect long queues to enter the camping area.
The following will help you to avoid long waiting times:
Bring only the equipment you really need
Read the list of prohibited and permitted items carefully. For example, glass bottles, gas bottles and power units are not permitted into the camping area.
If you follow these rules, you can pass the control points faster.
Usage of the camping area
Please use only the official camping areas. They offer enough space for every visitor. The camping areas are numbered for orientation purposes - please take a look at the signs at the entrance to the site. If your desired camping area is already occupied, please refer to the LED screens at the Info/Service centers Terminal A & B and follow the instructions of the local staff.
No delimitations (rain channels) may be dug in the camping area around the tent.Party tents and power units are forbidden!
The white-marked escape routes are to be kept clear at all times!
The camping area are only to be used as such. The digging of tent boundaries (similar to a moat) or the digging of holes to use as refrigerators is damage to property. If ignored, the security staff will file a complaint to the police! The festival site is located in a recreation area and natural park and is therefore not a playground. Thank you for your understanding!
To ensure safety and order as well as to contribute to a friendly come-together on the camping area the following camping rules are binding for every visitor:
- A valid festival wristband must be shown as access authorization every time you enter the camping area. There is no entitlement to granting of a specific camping spot. The allowed camping space per person is 2 square meters.
- The set up of tents, caravans and camper vans can only take place on the assigned areas. Signposting and instructions of the security staff must be followed
- No caravan may be parked in the general parking areas or in the camping area. There are separate parking areas for holders of an additional ticket. You can find the exact location on the site plan. Visitors coming without additional ticket may also get an alternative possibility to park. This opportunity is certainly limited and not guaranteed. Camper or trailer are vehicles which offer the same number of fixed sleeping places, as allowed in the vehicle according to licence. The total authorized weight for any vehicle is up to max. 3.5t. Cars are not admitted in the caravan parking area.
- Observance of the ground markings of the rescue routes is mandatory. The rescue routes must be kept clear in all circumstances.
- Parking of vehicles is only permitted in the designated parking spaces outside the cammping area. Roads and walking paths are to be kept free at all times.
- It´s not allowed to bring and set up large tents. This applies also to furniture (armchairs, couches, tables, refrigerators, carpets, household items).
- Furthermore following items are prohibited in the camping area: pyrotechnic and weapons of all types, dry ice, shopping cart, glass bottles/containers.
- It is not permitted to bring animals onto the festival site.
- Wanton damage to the flora (trees, shrubs) and other facilities (sports facilities, playgrounds, benches) are immediately and without exception persecuted (damage to property)! This also includes the digging of rain gutters or holes. Signed areas (Respect Nature) must be respected. Avoid staying in dangerous areas (oak processionary).
- All gas cooking appliances must be in a technically perfect condition and comply with the German DIN standard. Only gas cartridges (plug-in and valve cartridges) up to a maximum fill weight of 450 g may be used. Larger gas bottles, open fire and campfire are not permitted. Grilling may be prohibited for safety reasons in stormy or similar weather conditions. The security staff must be informed immediately if a fire breaks out, even if it was possible to extinguish the fire independently.
- Power units are generally prohibited according to the city of Nuremberg regulatory requirements and in interest of the local residents. This also applies to the operation of stereo equipment on the camping or parking areas.
- During the event, waste must be disposed of in the bins and containers provided for such. For cleanliness, additional bin bags will be distributed free of charge at the Info/Service centers. Routes and all the facilities of the camping area are to be kept clean and treated with care. This also applies to toilets and showers provided. At the end of the stay the camping area should be left clean of any wast. It is not permitted to urinate anywhere other than the toilets and facilities provided for this purpose.
- The organiser is essentially not liable for damages and losses incurred by the user and attendee due to break-in, theft, fire, natural phenomena or other incidents. Valuables can be deposited in lockers in the left luggage office for a fee.
- People staying on the enclosed event site without authorization will be reported for obtaining services by deception (§ 265a StGB) and for trespass (§ 123 StGB).
- Departure must be completed by no later than Monday at 10 am. Information about the free spaces on the camping area can be obtained at the Info / service center!
Grilling and open fire
Grilling is only permitted with off-the-shelf small/compact grills. In order to avoid accidents do not use alcohol or gasoline when grilling. Likewise, no combustible liquid may be poured on already glowing coals. Please use only commercial charcoal lighters in accordance with the instruction manual and never leave the grill unattended. Caution - risk of injury!
In addition, remember to grind the coals completely and do not extinguish them with water. Sudden extinguishing with water generate large amounts of hot water vapor, which causes scalding. In addition, the used coal shouldn´t be dumped onto lawns or other surfaces for cooling, but must be disposed of with the garbage after complete cooling.
All gas cooking appliances must be in a technically perfect condition and comply with the German DIN standard. Only gas cartridges (plug-in and valve cartridges) up to a maximum fill weight of 450 g may be used. Larger gas bottles, open fire and campfire are not permitted.
Grilling may be prohibited for safety reasons in stormy or similar weather conditions. The security service must be informed immediately if a fire breaks out, even if it was possible to extinguish the fire independently.
With regard to incidents in the past few years, we would like to point out again that grilling is allowed only outdoors and under no circumstances in tents or other festival accommodations because of the suffocation and fire danger!
To avoid cutting injuries, we are intensively checking that no glass containers are brought into the festival site!
We would like to point out that there is no return points for glass containers with deposit in the immediate proximity of the festival.
There will not be a waste deposit anymore because the offers and commitment involved were not used in adequate extent. At the same time we will increase our efforts to keep the festival clean and to dispose waste appropriately.
Falling branches in the camping area
We would like to point out that on the camping areas there is a chance branches of larger trees can break. Especially when it´s windy!
Of course, there are regularly inspections of the city of Nuremberg, but a risk can never be completely ruled out.
How to get to the festival
More information coming soon.
Since 2007 Stageliner is the official coach service to the Rock im Park festival. Just hop on the bus, have a party-trip and arrive savely near your camping area.
On Thursday May 31th, you can take the Stageliner from over 30 cities in Germany and Austria to Nuremberg.
Stageliner guests will be dropped directly at their camping area. Enjoy the luxury of a comfortable and stress-free journey without searching for parking spaces or camping spots.
The depature will be after the festival in the night from Sunday to Monday - June 4th – at 2.00 am. You will be able to see the last concerts and have time to pack your belongings back at the camping site.
As every year the Stageliner-Crew will be accessible troughout the whole festival for your questions, problems and in case of emergency.
Book your bus trip to Rock im Park, optionally with or without a Weekend Festival Ticket, directly at www.stageliner.de.
On www.blablacar.de or in the free app you can find carpooling offers to the festival. You can offer your free seats too! With BlaBlaCar you share your travel expenses and arrive relaxed.